The WIA Foundation is pleased to provide scholarships to women interested in a career in the aerospace field to pursue higher education degrees in engineering, math or science. One or more awards will be given each year to a rising junior or senior in college, to be applied during the upcoming academic year.To be eligible for the WIA Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must be interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field and be a rising junior or senior working towards a bachelor’s degree in engineering, math or science. An applicant must have completed at least two and a half academic years of full-time college work at the time of application and must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States or its territories, and plan to be enrolled in the subsequent academic year. Each applicant must have a college grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants must be female of any nationality. Applications will be available on or about November 1 for the subsequent academic year.
Two awards of $2,000 each will be given to rising seniors in college, to be applied to the 2013-2014 academic year.
WIA gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Digital Avionics Technical Committee of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Minimum college grade point average (GPA) of not less than the equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must have completed at least two and a half academic years of full-time college work at the time of application, and must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or its territories, working towards a bachelor’s degree, and plan to continue to be enrolled in the subsequent academic year
- Interested in pursuing a career in the aerospace field
- Entering senior year in the 2013-2014 academic year
- Must be female, of any citizenship or nationality
The scholarship recipients will be honored at WIA Awards Banquet held in Fall 2013
2013 WIA Foundation Scholarship Application is now online!
Visit official website
Applications are due February 1, 2013
Women in Aerospace Foundation Inc.
204 E Street, N.E. • Washington, D.C. 20002